RRBBO13 Roll-change

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20180512_163433.jpg
I have a 59-62 girls rollfast that I am going to do a sex change on which is where I came up with the name. Not sure what all else I plan on doing to it yet but will definitely be up for ideas on how to match the patina where I plan on doing some cutting and welding. Hopefully not using a name someone else has I am new here.

Last edited:
Welcome Brian! Looks like you have a good bike to start with and a plan. You are on your way to your first RRB build off build!

FYI on the photo uploads. Under any comment you make on your thread, click on Upload a File, select your file, then hit "Full Image" option to post it on that comment thread. We will get a large image, that we can enlarge even more by clicking on it.

RaT oN~!

Welcome to RRB and to BO13
HAVE FUN!

View attachment 75267 I have a 59-62 girls rollfast that I am going to do a sex change on which is where I came up with the name. Not sure what all else I plan on doing to it yet but will definitely be up for ideas on how to match the patina where I plan on doing some cutting and welding. Hopefully not using a name someone else has I am new here.
I like that idea! I did the same to a girls Buzz Bike that I'm still (slowly) working on. Heres a pic of mine. Hope it helps!
20180413_081924.jpg
20180413_081924.jpg

Yeah, I work outside too. No fun when the roof leaks. LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice job only hope I can do close as good a job.what did you use to bend the top bar or was it already like that?
Thanks. I cut the top bar from a 26" frame and then shortened it to fit this 24" frame. Using the longer bar allowed it to be fitted just right to allow the lines to flow seamlessly into the seat stays. My buddy (who helped me a lot on this) and I are very happy with the way it turned out.

Got a little break from the rain yesterday and was able to get the frame stripped of parts. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be did have couple things that fought me some. Didn't get Any pics yet was dark when finally done will try today.

Just a posting tip, it is best to select "Full Image" for your pics so that they show up fully as people are scrolling through and they don't have to click on the thumbnail to see them.
Love those winged fenders.

Still been getting a lot of rain here so decided to get some of the small stuff out the way. Took the flares off the black fenders and mocked up them up on the stock fenders look good to me. Also rigged up the fender light with the guts out of a cheap flashlight just need to figure out how to hold everything in place and get the wires soldered. Just glad we have a while to go yet on the build off.

Latest posts

Back