RRBBO13 Timeliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What if someone besides Schwinn built a prewar cantilever? Most of us here have taken an old frame and put new wheels and drivetrain on it, makes for a cool, nice riding bike. How bout a not quite so old frame with a prewar drivetrain? Or am I just being cheap and trying to use up a bunch of stuff I have lying around and taking up space? :) Stay tuned to find out...

What if someone besides Schwinn built a prewar cantilever? Most of us here have taken an old frame and put new wheels and drivetrain on it, makes for a cool, nice riding bike. How bout a not quite so old frame with a prewar drivetrain? Or am I just being cheap and trying to use up a bunch of stuff I have lying around and taking up space? :) Stay tuned to find out...
Like maybe the Chinese were building skip-tooth beach cruisers in the '1920's? Sounds like an episode of Sliders or Stargate. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We needs some pics :D

We needs some pics [emoji1]

Yesterday was the girlfriend's birthday so no bike work, everything is currently buried in a pile in the corner, but I do have some archive pics..
7380c7c90a0fb3cec67df2e7a1c4da2d.jpg
I bought this flightliner from Falstaff last year, I wanted the tank, he wanted to get rid of the whole bike, we made a deal and I've got a crusty rusty flight liner, hence the name. This bike will be giving up it's frame, fork, seat post and maybe rack...

It’s a shame that Columbia isn’t straight. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, as soon as I saw it I spun my work truck around and ran in there :) I've learned from past mistakes to make sure a frame is straight before I buy a bike. This one was really bad but the rest of the parts were too cool to pass up

Good luck with your progress.
It’s not alway easy with life commitments. To squeeze in a custom bike build with a deadline.

Good luck with your progress.
It’s not alway easy with life commitments. To squeeze in a custom bike build with a deadline.

Thanks! My truck choosing to quit running Saturday morning isn't helping either... no complaints though, working on the bike is a great escape from real life ;)

Are those fenders on your girls bike as wide and long as they look, or is it just the small middleweight tire that makes them look that way? The thing about girl bike fenders is, they made them nice and long and low to keep the dirt off, well, you know, their skirts...

I used the fenders and fork off a girls Monark for Faded Glory, along with a men's Monark frame. Worked pretty well together.
IMG_20160609_120441.jpg

Are those fenders on your girls bike as wide and long as they look, or is it just the small middleweight tire that makes them look that way? The thing about girl bike fenders is, they made them nice and long and low to keep the dirt off, well, you know, their skirts...

I used the fenders and fork off a girls Monark for Faded Glory, along with a men's Monark frame. Worked pretty well together.
View attachment 74465

Great looking bike! They are wide, after I swipe the parts I want off that bike I'm gonna try to give it away whole locally, if I can't I'll strip it for parts and keep the fenders for a future project

Made some boring but useful progress, this is where the bikes were
18b480de8ea3d50ffed416b1325f5e3f.jpg
I cleaned up my work area and moved a bunch of stuff, the old one came out first
e6e41254c9dc0e9be11afa435035d3a9.jpg
then the frame donor
7aed754c3c1281971692d0cbc5f49476.jpg
and last the Westfield
725dfef469c587a5ce4172f9f9d34074.jpg
I sprayed all the hardware with PB blaster, put the flightliner in the workstand and gonna let everything soak overnight
2ef0cc4885cf772a9a5a5444ec0f5dae.jpg

That bottom Ross frame with the twin top bars is the same one I’m using on my build this year. Nice stash of parts you have man .

Last edited:
By the way dose that bottom boys frame still have a head badge ? If so post a picture of it please .

By the way dose that bottom boys frame still have a head badge ? If so post a picture of it please .

It does not, it had a tank with a headlight, I bought the bike just to get the tank...

Latest posts

Back