RRBBO13 Project Ed 2.0 (It’s a Roller)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok good news !

Last years attempt.

2d10e14ea9158e22511a1589128fc53f.jpg

Take a look at the phaserunner motor controller. Compact and has the ability to posh some serious current. It is programmable to match your motor and allow for optimal tuning. Look up the luna cycles mini cube for a small, energy dense battery. These 2 items make for a stealthy installation. You may have to contact luna directly for their battery.

http://www.ebikes.ca/c-phaserunner.html

https://lunacycle.com/mini-cube-18650-battery/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Those chainguards are a great focal point to build around. They even dressed up this Huffy "Garbage Picker" that my son and I built a couple years ago. Truly, this bike was garbage picked!

Excellent job on that one.

Here are a few more updates that transpired over lunch break.

Before it gets to hot out I’m really trying to get this paint done (what little there is to do).

I had this tank on this frame at one point and it made since for it to go back on. It just needs a patina match.

f501b7683d37f8122f543525ee21570b.jpg

They key to patina matching paint is making sure you paint it similar to the original color then age it to match the current color. This frame is in such good shape it won’t take much to give it that hazy 80 year old paint look.

41caeda205d1da9db65fb17729f92f2a.jpg

While I was at it, I could not help but toss on this leaf spring fork my grandfather and I built a good 6 or 7 years ago. If It could also be painted to match the frame I think I could see it on this bike.

0ccda5d0aa6198d1abc4cef5087ffe91.jpg

As you can see there would be a number of challenges with the fenders but since I’m committed to them being apart of this build I’ll give it a shot.

Also I had to see the rear fender on as well. I’m really liking the look so far. Who doesn’t love a good wire skirt guard. Something about a skirt guard shielding a rear electric motor seems cool.

b1c69b9cd500e54e9dfbf4079112ccf9.jpg

Last edited:
Your work is already really awesome, seriously !
Choices, details, combinations,... everything match directly... I'm in admiration... :13:

(Don't you look for an employee in your shop? I wanna learn... :giggle: )

Your work is already really awesome, seriously !
Choices, details, combinations,... everything match directly... I'm in admiration... :13:

(Don't you look for an employee in your shop? I wanna learn... :giggle: )

Thank you sir. I appreciate that. Just a student of guys like Dr.T and TRM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the fork! Will be interesting to see how the motor looks with the fender skirt. Color combo is great. Looking good.

Those parts are blending well together!
Killer fork!
Love the wire skirts

Looks great buddy!
That fork really fits the look of bike.
Are you thinking of putting any blue or cream on the tank?

Let me know when you plan a ‘build night’, I need to learn about the ‘e’ stuff.

The easy part is over. The fork and tank are patina matched to the frame.

11afc06e02240e79706f1a340afde188.jpg

Here is where it starts to get tricky.

The front fender and springer fork will need to really be thought out. One or the other will have to be modified. Most likely the fender.

9ce5f05123048325812db5703f7e4285.jpg

Also debating having this rack on the bike. It needs as many cubbies as possible to hold the electronics and the rear section of this rack would be perfect if it was not a slight shade off the frame color.

7a445deef067fbe49305db4acdd61655.jpg

This bike is freaking beautiful :43:, that springer is RAD !!

Looks great together.
That would be a tough crimp for the fender. Obviously, you could just slice out a hole for the leaf end. Maybe you could french a channel back in for it?
I like that rack a lot. Maybe just paint and patina match like you did with the tank.

Great looking bike Really took shape quick . Now it’s time for the speed box . Do you this one will be faster then last years bike ?

Latest posts

Back