• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

~ ☆ Car License Plates ☆~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Like to trade California plates for different States so far I have .
California
Alabama
Kentucky
Indiana
Massachusetts
Idaho
Iowa
Washington
Wisconsin
Ohio
Here's a few I have available
20170402_150707.jpg

Last edited:
Still lookin for states I don't have c9me on guys pullem...out .

Current list of ones I DO have
Cali.
Kentucky
Indiana
Alabama
Idaho
Iowa
Washington
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Ohio
Massachusetts
Louisiana

Having a ball trading and collecting different
States , thanks to all who have help me so far !

Thank you again
Rafael

Last edited:
I have these Missouri tags, I don't want anything in return I'm trying to thin down my collectibles, except for bicycles BwaaHaaaHaa!!! if you want any or all & cover the shipping you are welcome to'em 😊
20230512_133607.jpg

Like to trade California plates for different States so far I have .
California
Alabama
Kentucky
Indiana
Massachusetts
Idaho
Iowa
Washington
Wisconsin
Ohio
Here's a few I have available
View attachment 49013
Might have a Colorado plate for you. I have to do some digging though. I can probably find a Georgia plate as well. I'll hit you up if/when I find them. Should have my old plates from when we moved from Denver, but I can't remember if Georgia made us turn them in...DMV here is somethin' else.

I have these Missouri tags, I don't want anything in return I'm trying to thin down my collectibles, except for bicycles BwaaHaaaHaa!!! if you want any or all & cover the shipping you are welcome to'em 😊
View attachment 232191
That would be great, let me know...

Rafael ~

I've been collecting license plates for a bike trailer project since 2016. I started by finding many on the road side. I bought some at general swap meets.
I put a plates wanted ad on craigslist one time that lead to the discovery of the ALPCA: Automobile License Plate Collectors Association
https://www.alpca.org/They have many official and independent swap meets listed on their website. There may be one near you. I went to an unofficial swap meet and it was pretty interesting. They had specialty displays with judging. And they sell run of the mill plates usually for $1 or $2. For collectors, there are far to many to collect so specializing is a must. Like all tribal plates or one guy I met is trying to find all counties in his home state from the year he was born. All 1976 plates (bi-centennial designs) is a possibility. One swap meet display was all demo plates from a courthouse where all the numbers were zeros covering many decades.

There are countless plates on ebay including the 50-state sets.

I put every valuable plate I get on ebay. The most I ever got for one was $150. I'm not looking for expensive, just run of the mill plates I can bend, spindle and mutilate. I made a yard spinner with a bicycle wheel and plates as fan blades to catch the wind. I was thinking of a Rhodes 4 wheel pedal car with a full license plate body but where would I store it. I've seen many plates used for art projects like bird house roofs or cut out all the letters to respell other words.

I called my county office about getting old plates. You would think I was trying to rob fort knox. They told me all the turned in plates get shredded under deputy guard and the metal shreds sent to recycle.

yard.spinner.xmas.jpg

View attachment 232191

Hah, RGP, my initials. My mom kept one of my dad's (rip) with his initials. RVP.

Latest posts

Back