I built a monster, early 60s tank bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O4oLXZS.jpg

This monstrosity weighs 120 pounds, but I have a 48 tooth gear in the front, and a 16 tooth in the back, next upgrade needs to be a internal three speed hub, usually am going at 18mph on average. The bike is might be a J. C. Higgins Freightliner, early '60s, but nobody knows.
L8dIe8n.jpg

Everything sits on 1" thick solid wood, except for the speakers, 5/8" plywood. Switches go to the Bluetooth receiver, 9 band equalizer, sub amp, speaker amp, and tail light, there is a button on the handlebars for the horn, and a turn signal switch below the handle bars.
OsArTEE.jpg

lhUOfVe.jpg

The unit top right is a Bluetooth receiver, the black box is a nine band equalizer.
cRmDOX5.jpg

Far board is a 600 watt amp for the sub, near board is a 2X100 watt amp for the speakers.
8juviYJ.jpg

These are Boss Audio 6X9 Onyx NX694 800 watts per pair.
K2W3byz.jpg

This is a Boss Audio 12" Phantom P126DVC dual voice coil wired to run at 1 ohm, max power 2300 watts.

Nice ride! You and member Guitarlcarl should get together and tour the country.

Found something cool for only a buck, so I'm gonna add my 3000 lumen headlight, as an off road light for it.
RlKaADc.jpg

EuoNnOv.jpg

My project table is just a bit cluttered, light runs on 12v, and I have a plenty big enough one of those on the bike already, just gotta finish the edge

I don't have anyone that could video me riding it, but here is a walk through of everything.

Then realized I forgot to show the blinkers.

Latest posts

Back