Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing I sold on craigslist, big set of speakers, huge subs.

Wife was all worried, what if they rob us. So i laid a 357 on the shelf in the entry way behind a book, she was still skeptical.

Guy shows up, knocks, shes hiding aroind the corner in case i need "backup".

In walks this kid, roley poley, looks like a pile of mashed potatoes. Cant lift 1 of the speakers to get them to his car. I loaded them up for him. He was Happy as can be to be able to rock out.

Looked over at the wife, "scary deal, glad i was packin heat"

I use to barter alot on CL, until that TV show messed it up. Only ever had one really sketchy deal go down.

A ghetto neighborhood in Columbus, I knocked on the door and an elderly woman told me her son wasn't home yet. So I went back to my van to wait.

Some dude rolls up next to me in an old beater, asking if he can help me.

Nope.

Why you knocking on my moms door?

I asked if he was the guy I was meeting.

What you got with my brother?

I'm looking at a motorcycle he has for sale... At this point I'm just trying not to make this guy twitchy.

Just then his brother pulls up next to him, they talk a minute. The brother says bikes around back.

I probably should have said no thanks, but I walked around back. Told my wife if she hears shots drive fast.

Turns out, the guy with the bike was cool. His brother on the other hand, not so much.

I did trade for the bike, then sold it to a local guy.

Coppertone Schwinn American w/kickback hub $100
00V0V_fCruRPQnefq_600x450.jpg

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bik/6136292897.html

Spotted this on Facebook marketplace today... There's a thread somewhere around here about these... Supposedly a super rare item... This one has been for sale since May 7 for $125
IMG_20170518_173713977_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170518_173713977_HDR.jpg

So I'm going through the local Craigslist. I see this Schwinn Le Tour for sale. I open the page, and I think to myself that bike looks familiar. That's because it's my Schwinn, and my picture (first picture).
Apparently this dude is selling a Schwinn, and is to lazy to take his own pictures, so he goes to the internet and steals a picture off the web and post it as his.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/6155109027.html

IMG_6166.PNG

So I'm going through the local Craigslist. I see this Schwinn Le Tour for sale. I open the page, and I think to myself that bike looks familiar. That's because it's my Schwinn, and my picture (first picture).
Apparently this dude is selling a Schwinn, and is to lazy to take his own pictures, so he goes to the internet and steals a picture off the web and post it as his.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/6155109027.html

View attachment 52648

:21::21::21: ahaha...MY Schwinn. that's funny

that happens a lot, especially in bike 'supplies' like carriers & stuff.
heck, I havw the same picture of a bike carrier I was selling on Craigslistt for a years now.
.I mean, I sold the rack within a few days..my Picture will survive forever. YEAH !

People are just sooo busy these days, eh?
rush rush rush hurry hurry hurry
..then die, die, die. then what? Folks talk about us for a week or so..[maybe]..everything we hurried for doesn't mater one teeny bit....and that's it.there's a life right there boys.
slow down people take your own dammm picture..I swear, the self importance humans place upon themselves...
tsk

Last edited:
Yeah woldcat i saw that too was gonna post same thought ,i dont ever remember seeing one growing up ,not untill them chopper shows on tv did i ever see one .Idk???

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Schwinn Collegiate - $50 (Near Domain)
<image 1 of 5>
00I0I_d05uZLyqvVl_600x450.jpg

Schwinn Collegiate 3 speed bike. This bike has 24"X1 3/8" wheels. In very nice condition. Kept inside.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
Just a little to far for me to drive, otherwise I'd be tempted even though I don't have room in the garage.

Latest posts

Back