TRADITIONAL Stir crazy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished up the rear fender today. It finished up it's time in the oa bath and got a coat of dead flat clear. I got the newly relocated brace drilled and attached. The inside of the fender had the same blue paint i stripped off the outside. Didn't want to break out the stripper again so i painted it with krylon hammered dark bronze. It was a pretty good match to the darkened finish on the outside. My problem now is to leave it with one brace or add the second one. Any input would be appreciated. I like both and will move front braces to match the rear.
20240605_145517.jpg
20240605_145933.jpg
20240605_150725.jpg

I don't dislike the two braces, but I think I like the single brace better.

I like both single and double fender brace arrangements. Are you going to run a rack? If so I think 2 braces might be too busy. It would be interesting to see how they look with the chain guard too. Looking good overall. I love the bare metal look.

I like both single and double fender brace arrangements. Are you going to run a rack? If so I think 2 braces might be too busy. It would be interesting to see how they look with the chain guard too. Looking good overall. I love the bare metal look.
I'm thinking i will go with the single brace. I have a plan for a rack if i can make everything fit. I also am planning on using a monark super deluxe chainguard when it arrives next week. I like the flow of those. Until then back to the front fender and seat mounting.

Back