UNLIMITED Stacey’s Mom aka the Tall-Goose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to rig up some hydraulics on that bad boy to go back and forth from choppa to whoppa

Hip Hop Lowrider GIF

I can’t wrap my head around the saddle position changing from choppa to whoppa. Seems like it would be a drastic move slanting forward and backward.
Yeah, that’s an interesting factor. Seems like the seat will have to be in the middle somewhere. Probably won’t be right in the up or down position.

I wanted to get the bottom bracket in to make sure the threads were still good. They had a bit of welding slag in them. Cleaned them up and no problems. Added cranks, bars and seat and it looks like a bike again. The seating position isn’t as bad as I expected. Might need a saddle that turns up in the back though. It looks pretty cool. I’m partial to the chopper version. If I don’t like the convertible version I’ll just make it a chopper.
IMG_1181.jpeg
IMG_1182.jpeg
IMG_1183.jpeg
IMG_1184.jpeg
IMG_1185.jpeg

Cool looking chopper and not bad looking as a tall bike. Wonder how difficult it would be to rig up a gas cylinder to raise it on the fly. Wouldn’t that be something. 😎
The struts are on the way. I should be able to start working on that in the next week or so.

Cool looking chopper and not bad looking as a tall bike. Wonder how difficult it would be to rig up a gas cylinder to raise it on the fly. Wouldn’t that be something. 😎
Now I have a video playing in my head of what it might look like pedaling along in high tall mode
and throwing the switch and easing down into chopper mode! Which will come in handy if there's
like bandits hiding out on the side of the road and they try to come up on you and steal your ride.
You look in the rear view (now you have to add a rear view mirror just for this dream), see them
riding klunkers (bandits stereotypically ride klunkers. I don't make the rules here) looking all angry
and yelling, "Hey you! We'll take that tall ride now!" Click the button, ease on down into position...
and take off like a shot in super chopper mode! VROOM!!! Leaving them in the dust!! So long suckas! :113:

Chopper is good for me, not so into the tall version. I just don't get tall bikes, i guess. However, the cool factor added by being able to be both is probably worth a few votes regardless
I prefer the chopper look too. But I've been fascinated with tall bikes for a while and would really like to try it out. I have my other tall frame that I haven't finished yet. I like that this one is convertible. I think it's going to handle much better in tall mode than chopper mode. But it's all about the grin factor!

Now I have a video playing in my head of what it might look like pedaling along in high tall mode
and throwing the switch and easing down into chopper mode! Which will come in handy if there's
like bandits hiding out on the side of the road and they try to come up on you and steal your ride.
You look in the rear view (now you have to add a rear view mirror just for this dream), see them
riding klunkers (bandits stereotypically ride klunkers. I don't make the rules here) looking all angry
and yelling, "Hey you! We'll take that tall ride now!" Click the button, ease on down into position...
and take off like a shot in super chopper mode! VROOM!!! Leaving them in the dust!! So long suckas! :113:
Haha! I love it! I'm usually the villain on the klunker but I've never tried to steal a tall bike. Maybe I should ebike it to get that boost in chopper mode. I'll definitely add a mirror now, for sure. Thanks for the fun vision!
Tv Show Pbs GIF by Reconnecting Roots

Looking cool!

Here is a seat choice that might grab ya. :D

1716649523111.png

Back