UNLIMITED Pyle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I experimented with a few colors for the parts and this was my wife’s favorite.
IMG_6073.jpeg
IMG_6074.jpeg
IMG_6075.jpeg
I did patina it all some. The very few spots I went down to bare metal will get rusty before I coat it.
IMG_6070.jpeg
IMG_6068.jpeg
IMG_6071.jpeg
gotta let it rest for a few days out in the rain. But the tan/black worked well for undercoat colors in my opinion.

I really like that color and fauxtina mix. Nice blend.
Mrs. Dropstep has a good eye.

IMG_6100.jpeg
The upside down head badge has returned.
IMG_6101.jpeg
Wasn’t sure about the black stem or sprocket but they seem to work. Did also buy new black hardware for the fender/backrest mount.
IMG_6102.jpeg
this seat and rack combo fit well together. Makes me happy with this choice.
IMG_6103.jpeg
not a huge fan of the whitewalls so was trying some other tires I have 😂. I may end up going with black wheels. The aluminum color just doesn’t fit.

Diggin' the RaT-ina! Those two 'cool' colors work well together.

I wasn’t going to mess with it today but a family friend gave me another bike so I was in the basement anyway 😂. Painted one of the many mountain bike front wheels I have laying around to check out.
IMG_6198.jpeg
IMG_6201.jpeg
This is the Seafoam blue. Need to look at it more but I don’t think I like it on the back.
IMG_6199.jpeg
IMG_6200.jpeg
I like the green a bit better than the blue.
IMG_6197.jpeg
Didn’t like the whitewall tire at all but this angle really makes me like the green over blue.
IMG_6202.jpeg
IMG_6203.jpeg
Then we got black. I like it and even like the 2.3 wide tires. I wouldn’t be using the Mongoose rims with the red/pink lettering. They just came off said free bike.

I like the contrast with the green rims, but the black stands out nicely too.

For me, the blue rims are the best looking, finishing right after the black rims. There is no wrong choice here.

The knobby tires on that last picture look good too. It gives me that "Ratty, Tractor, Swamp blues" look :happy:

I also hope you can keep the chain tight enough for the hubs to turn great and also keep the chain in the tube/guide.

Awesome build, I have been enjoying this so far.

Back