TRADITIONAL 🅵🅾🅾🅻🅸🅶🅰🅽 - 1930s Elgin Oriole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And other times, the vehicles only look like they are from another world.

20240602_143355.jpg

Sometimes the people you see are just animals!

20240602_144609.jpg

First group ride on FOOLIGAN. @Dr. Tankenstein brought out the LowCo Liner and Chris rode his perfect patina 57 Columbia tanker.

20240602_150455.jpg
20240602_123152.jpg
20240602_122339.jpg

Look what I found today.....

20240604_134216.jpg

Cool, I’ve never seen Tiki forks before.

An artist carved it from a palm tree trunk, then custom fit it to the chopper.

Awesome, its always a good time during buildoffs when people ride together!
Love the bike and the pictures.

You’re having way too much fun. Should be soaking parts in toxic chemicals, sanding, sweating etc..😅🤣😂

Always a treat to see the local sights down there.

It was great getting two good days of rides in with FOOLIGAN. Especially with my bike buds. Like I said earlier it rides solid, but I did uncover a couple of adjustments.
When I started out before the group ride, I noticed some play in the BB. When I attempted to tighten the BB up, I noticed the locking nut was stripped a little. I changed it out and luckily it was just the nut and not the cranks. It stayed tight for the group ride.
The later the group ride got, I did notice a dragging feeling on the hub. That is when I remembered when I had mounted the brake are, I forced it up after I had tightened the drive side already. It was apparent by the end of the ride, that I made the hub too tight by doing this. This should be an easy fix when I get time to tool on the bike in a couple of days.
Today was a fun excursion to get that Tiki Chopper and ride it. Tomorrow, I have to play Mr. Landlord in an apartment between tenants and address a few small things. Hope to get back on the build come Thursday.

Back