TRADITIONAL Raleigh-Up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even more hilarious. I ordered the key NGN 1 from an eBay seller in Australia. He just sent me a picture of NGN 1. No wonder this lock was so easy to pick. I bet it would open with a blank key.

IMG_5104.png

The title alone is so clever. This bike reminds me of my Sprite (that I should get to spanning on). Can’t wait to see the restoration and/or alterations🙂

By the way, Those Raleigh’s can be a different beast to work on, right?

Even more hilarious. I ordered the key NGN 1 from an eBay seller in Australia. He just sent me a picture of NGN 1. No wonder this lock was so easy to pick. I bet it would open with a blank key.

View attachment 265673
Yeah, or one of those TSA keys just ground down a bit.

Wow, that's more of a blank than a key

Once you understand the amount of loose ball bearings involved and are no longer surprised by them falling all over the floor, it’s not too bad. I really like the Sturmey Archer 3 speed hubs.
Oh I love those vintage shifters as well. The thumb ones are cool but the twist grips are indeed the business as far as I’m concerned…

I meant finger shifters

Oh I love those vintage shifters as well. The thumb ones are cool but the twist grips are indeed the business as far as I’m concerned…

Interesting. I have a few Raleighs with the twist grips in my pile of future projects. I have never used the twist shift and for some reason assumed they were junk. Now i am anxious to try them out.

Back