TRADITIONAL 🅵🅾🅾🅻🅸🅶🅰🅽 - 1930s Elgin Oriole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those gas pipe bars definitely play well with the frame and forks. 👍

Yeah, I'm liking these bars so far. Still not sure if they would be up or down.

I normally prefer bike tanks inside the frames, but holy cow, that tank next to the nanner looks AWESOME! I think it's got potential!

I like the option of the nanner as a possibility.
The tank flows extremely well into the nanner, but I'm just not sold on using the tank for this build.

My workshop is such a mess, I always have to take time to unpack and semi sort things during each build off just so I can find the goodies I want to consider for my current build.

One of the parts I have in my this year are the custom bars that Tomas @OddBall Cichecki (OCD Connection) gave me when I spent the day with him in London back in 2022. He made these from gas pipe years ago.

We'll see how they play with the build. This old bmx stem is the first one I found that would work. This fork has a frozen slug halfway down the steertube, so this is as low as it can go for now.

View attachment 265832View attachment 265833View attachment 265834View attachment 265835View attachment 265836View attachment 265837View attachment 265838View attachment 265839View attachment 265840
Those are cool!! And you have them
In the “correct” position in the last photo 😉 They have a BigHit Velo UnderGround look to them.

Those are cool!! And you have them
In the “correct” position in the last photo 😉 They have a BigHit Velo UnderGround look to them.

It's funny you should mention bighit. Oddball's inspiration for these bars were the pipe bars that bighit did on his Bully build.
Fun fact: This is the frame that I turned into SteamRoller for BO15

1715970701900.png

1715971240607.jpeg

Last edited:
Back