Anybody sniffing BO 19 in the air?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: does anyone know or would measure the distance of a schwinn style springer fork from the wheel hub bolt holes to the "pivot point" that connects to the bottom of the steerer tube (looks around 15" to 16" or so)? I will be starting the bow saw fork fab soon and I dont have any dimensions: this would be a great start..........thanx
You’re on the money.
IMG_1195.jpeg

Cool. Thanx, @Pondo I didn't have anything to go by so I found a couple of pics where the 26" wheel and fork were a good profile relative to the viewing angle and took a measurement off the printed page. Then extracted that measurement to determine the distance from the hub to the pivot point - hence around 15" to 16". That method isn't perfect but it gets me close..........was this TMI?? 😂

Cool. Thanx, @Pondo I didn't have anything to go by so I found a couple of pics where the 26" wheel and fork were a good profile relative to the viewing angle and took a measurement off the printed page. Then extracted that measurement to determine the distance from the hub to the pivot point - hence around 15" to 16". That method isn't perfect but it gets me close..........was this TMI?? 😂
TMI? Not at all. Excellent deduction my dear Watson. Well played.
Oh BTW, the fork in your pic has the 2 main blades whereas I have seen some with 2 main blades and 2 "minor" blades. Is that significant?
I think the difference is that my fork is from a modern cheapo Schwinn, the 2 blade version is probably from when they were still a US company and better quality.

1717334071184.png

Back